It doesn’t matter if you only use the Net occasionally. It’s crucial that you know how to remove Zlob because it is very destructive. Fortunately, there are proven methods that you can use.
- Antivirus software
- Anti spyware software
- Internet connection
- Web browser
- CD R (for backing up files)
- Registry editor
Recognize the Symptoms
Before attempting to get rid of it, make sure that it’s actually your system. Using these methods on malware other than this particular spyware / virus might damage your computer.
Once the virus has been activated, it will replicate itself. It will lodge itself in the Windows Registry and various system folders and files. After this, the program will manifest itself. Usually it will show in the browser. Popup windows will appear.
Another reason to remove Zlob is due to its ability to hijack browser controls. It will direct the connection to sites that contain other malware. It can delete files in the computer. The program can also steal personal information. These files can be sent over to other websites and people.
Some versions of the spyware can also interfere with your other applications. It can cause conflicts. Thus, applications that have nothing to do with Internet browsing also get affected.
There are also reports the program can eat system resources. They can also slow down online browsing.
Removal Method 1: Use Antivirus Software
The first step is to run the antivirus and anti spyware scanner. Some antivirus programs come with their own spyware deleting application so you only need to make one scan. If not, run the anti spyware first. If that doesn’t get rid of the program, use the antivirus software.
Removal Method 2: Delete it Manually
In some cases the antivirus won’t be able to remove Zlob completely. If that’s the case, try this method instead. Click Add/Remove Programs. If the program is there, delete it.
If the problem persists, you need to go to the Registry. Go to the Windows run command line and type regedit. You can also go to Windows Explorer’s search function and type regedit there. When the Registry Editor opens delete the following files:
- zxserv0.com RSA
- Never skip on the antivirus updates. Malware and spyware are always evolving. If you keep your antivirus updated it won’t have problems detecting the newer versions of the virus.
- Back up all your important files and folders. If you have to remove Zlob, you might have to remove several files. But if you have backups, returning them won’t be a problem.
- Aside from keeping your antivirus updated there are other steps you can take to avoid infection. Don’t go to sites that store pirated software. All the applications there are very likely infected with various spyware. The same can be said for the various pirated CDs and DVDs being sold.
- Always scan any email attachments you get. It doesn’t matter where it’s from. Just check for any viruses to be sure. By taking these measures, you won’t have to worry about trying to remove Zlob and other viruses.