One of the most popular ways of communicating with your loved ones and friends abroad is by sending them email messages. Yahoo is a famous and inviting website that offers this service free. To send emails through the site, it is necessary that you make an account at Yahoo mail. To do this, you need to register and include important information about yourself. To secure the account, Yahoo mail allows you to assign a password.
How do I get my Yahoo email password? If ever you forget the password that you indicated when you register an email account at this site, there are two easy ways that you can use to retrieve the password. To make sure that you will not experience problems while retrieving this important information, it is essential that you use a laptop or PC that has the required system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC or laptop with any of these operating systems, Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Internet connection
- Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator or Mozilla Firefox
- 500 megahertz processor
- At least 64 megabytes RAM
Instructions for Resetting Yahoo Email Password
- Launch the Internet browser and go to www.yahoo.com.
- Select mail and click Sign-in Problems.
- Type the information asked by the site such as date of birth, country and zip code for the verification of your identity.
- If you have email accounts in other websites, all you have to do is to enter your email ID at Yahoo and then your password will be sent to your other email addresses.
- If you are having problems remembering your email ID, just use the email address that you indicated when you create an account at the website. The site will send your password to that address.
Instructions for Getting Your Password By Running Messenger
- If you are using Yahoo Messenger aside from Mail, then you can retrieve your password by launching the Messenger program in your computer.
- At the bottom of the page, click the link that says Forgot your password.
- Click next and type your ID in the provided box.
- Type the code given on the page and click next.
- Answer the secret question and click next.
- At the succeeding page, the site will reveal your password.
Tips and Warnings
- Another effective way of knowing your password is by using the password recovery option of the web browser that you are using. However, you must remember that the steps involved in password recovery depend on the Internet browser that is available in your computer.