It used to be a problem in the past but now, trying to unlock a phone has become much simpler. Here are some of the most popular options.
- Cell phone
- Internet connection
- Info about where it is locked (i.e., the country or region)
- The mobile number of the phone
- The serial / IMEI number (To get this number type “#06#”. The figures you see are the serial number.)
Method 1: Contact an Unlocking Service Firm
There are several companies that perform this service. They usually charge a fee so do some price comparisons first. Provide them with the technical info about the device that they ask. Owing to the different phone types, you need to tell the company what model you’re holding. When you find the right company, you can now proceed to unlock a phone.
Method 2: Buy Software
Instead of taking it to a company you can buy software and do it yourself. It would be a good idea to do some research first. Learn as much as you can about the software so you’ll know exactly what you’re doing. When you have the software, follow all the instructions carefully.
Method 3: Call the Phone Service Provider
This is the easiest method. You can call the company and you will get a code. However there may be some requirements. You may be required to have used the phone for a certain period. Their policies and terms of agreement will also play a role in whether you can unlock a phone.
Method 4: Find the Unlock Code
The Internet is full of information about cell phone codes. You can go to a search engine and enter your phone model along with the keyword “unlock”. You can also use a data cable to obtain this code.
If you can’t find it on websites, go to forums. There are several discussion groups that offer information. Go to a forum and politely ask for the code. Be sure to provide information including the model, serial numbers etc. This will be helpful when you try and unlock a phone.
Tips and Warnings
- Some models can be opened by simply inserting another SIM card. This doesn’t work with all models though. Check yours to be sure. When fitting in the SIM card, take care not to force it. It might suddenly snap.
- Another technique you can use is to type in the PIN number. This may be the default code used by the manufacturer. If not you can enter numbers like 1, 2 and 3.
- Some online services require you to connect the phone to the PC. You’ll need a cable. When you buy one, ensure that it fits in the socket correctly.
- After you are done unbolting the device you’ll need to reprogram it. Refer to the manual to get the original settings back on.
- There are so many ways you can unlock a phone. You just have to choose which method works best for you. Just try them and it is likely one will work.