Some enterprises and schools block websites or restrict sites to keep the focus of employees and students on their works and lessons. Even if computer administrators use sophisticated ways to restrict some web pages, there are still effective methods that people can use to unblock the sites. However, before proceeding with the methods, it is important to make sure that the computer that will be used in the process has all the system requirements.
How do I unblock websites? There are two popular ways that you can use to unlock sites. One is by using the Internet Explorer and the other method is by using Mozilla Firefox. Below are the steps that you can follow if you want to access blocked websites successfully.
Minimum System Requirements
- Laptop or PC with any of the following OS, Microsoft Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP as well as Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- At least 64 megabytes RAM
- Internet connection
Instructions for Internet Explorer Users
- Select the tools option at the upper portion of the browser window.
- Choose the Pop-up Blocker tab and click the tab that says Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
- Search available web proxies like Night Star Productions.
- Indicate the URL of the website that you want to visit using the web proxy and press enter.
Instructions for Mozilla Firefox Users
- At the top portion of the web browser, choose the Tools option and select Preferences.
- Click the link referring to Content.
- Deselect the Block Pop Up Windows option.
- Click Allow Exceptions and type the address of the site that you want to access.
Unblocking Websites By IP Addresses
- Launch the Internet browser and visit Yahoo! or Google.
- Type the URL of the site that you want to surf.
- Look for the search result, which indicates the IP address of the web page that you would like to visit.
- Type the IP address of the site on the URL box at the top portion of the web browser and press enter.
Tips and Warnings
- When you are unblocking web pages, make sure that the anti spyware and antivirus programs installed in your computer are updated to prevent files and data corruption.
- To avoid experiencing delays and hassles, it is best that you use fast Internet connection.
- Avoid using dial-up Internet connection in accessing restricted websites.
- Before proceeding with the steps in unblocking sites, it is important to make sure that no one sees you because some enterprises and schools have regulations related to establishing connection to the web pages.