Also known as facsimile, fax is a telecommunications device that can be used to send and receive documents to other people. Sending fax messages is one of the most efficient and common methods that enterprises use to communicate with their supplies and clients. This method is done with the use of an efficient telephone network. Aside from sending documents, it can also be used to make copies of printed documents.
How do I send a fax via Outlook Express? To save money that companies allot for purchasing fax machines, enterprises can now send fax messages with the use of the Internet. In order to send a fax via Outlook Express, there are some system requirements that you should consider. Below are the steps that you need to follow to do this task successfully.
Minimum System Requirements
- Computer with operating systems like Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows Vista as well as Windows XP
- At least 64 megabytes RAM
- Outlook Express
- Any facsimile special software
- Internet Connection
- Download and install any free trial version of facsimile software like FaxPipe.
- Launch the Outlook Express and select the Create Mail option.
- Fill out the form by typing the email address that you register with the software that you are currently using.
- Type the address that the software manufacturer sent you after you have registered an account in the To field.
- Make sure that you save the document that you want to send on your hard disk.
- Click the Attach tab.
- Select the document or documents that you like to send.
- Look at the body area of the email and type the fax numbers of the recipients.
- Select the Send button.
- Wait for the completion report.
- If the software failed to send the fax, repeat the steps above.
Tips and Warnings
- Make sure that the facsimile software that you will use is authentic or legal.
- Some of the facsimile software that has free trial versions are Mighty Fax, Smart Fax, Total Fax and Fax Tools eXPert.
- Might Fax can be used by individuals who want to receive and send fax messages directly from the Word program.
- If you are searching for software that is compatible with Windows Messaging, you can use Smart Fax.
- Individuals who are looking for software that offer professional fax templates can always download and use Total Fax.
- Computer users who want to ensure that they send high quality fax messages should try the facsimile services offered by Fax Tools eXPert.