A keylogger is one of the most dangerous and harmful programs that can be loaded into your PC or laptop. Computer experts refer to this program as monitoring spyware, which has the capacity to record all the personal information and data stored in your computer. This is very dangerous because it is invisible and it can run silently so you will not have idea that the PC has a keylogger. To make sure that your computer is safe from this program, it is important to know the effective way of detecting as well as eliminating the spyware.
How do I remove a keylogger? To do this, you need to make sure that your PC has the minimum system requirements. It is also necessary that you know the steps in detecting a keylogger before you can successfully remove the malicious program from the computer.
Minimum System Requirements
- A personal computer or laptop with any of these OS, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista
- Fast Internet connection; preferably broadband or DSL connection
Instructions for Detecting the Computer Program
- Select the menu bar on the desktop and press Task Manager.
- Click Ctrl + Alt + Del and check the applications that you are currently using.
- Select the tab that refers to Processes.
- All the programs that are running will be listed.
- Check the hidden programs or applications.
Instructions for Removing the Computer Program
- Purchase efficient anti spyware program like AdAware as well as Windows Antispyware.
- If you are having problems purchasing such computer application, you can download a trial version of anti spyware from the Internet.
- One of the websites that you can visit to download anti spyware free is www.avast.com.
- Follow the prompts and install the computer software in your PC or laptop.
- Select Start and click Control Panel.
- Check the System tab and select System Restore.
- Select the box pertaining to Turn off System Restore on all drives.
- Select Apply and close the window.
- Reboot and scan the computer for malicious software.
- If the anti spyware program has identified a keylogger, you need to move the harmful program to Quarantine.
- If the program cannot repair or clean the program, it is best that you delete the application.
- After removing a keylogger, activate the System Restore option in your computer.
Tips and Warnings
- To avoid having keyloggers in your computer, it is important to prevent visiting websites that have pop-ups because most of these can load viruses, spyware and tracking cookies in your computer.
- Always keep the antivirus and anti spyware programs in your PC updated.