A special file format introduced by Adobe, Portable Document Format (also known as PDF) is used by many people to transmit important information and data over the Internet. PDF allows people to feature files in the Internet without modifying the original layout and font. In the past years, computer users need to use Adobe software to create a Portable Document Format file. However, with the development of different computer programs, it is now easy to create the file as well as convert word to Portable Document Format.
How do I convert word to PDF? Making a PDF version of a document is very easy. To do this, there are some computer devices, tools and software that you need. In addition, it is important that you follow the simple steps to successfully make a Portable Document Format version of a word file with the use of a converting software.
Minimum System Requirements
- A personal computer or a laptop with any of the following operating systems, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Intel Pentium processor
- 40 megabytes available space on the hard drive
- 512 megabytes RAM
- 640×480 screen resolution
- PrimoPDF software
- Microsoft Office software
- Launch Internet explorer and use a search engine like Google to look for the website of PrimoPDF.
- Follow the prompts to successfully download and install the trial version of the software.
- Make a document using the Microsoft Word program.
- Save the file and go to file.
- Select print and right click.
- When the print properties screen appears, select ‘Primo PDF’ then choose ‘OK.’
- A message box will appear on the screen and will ask you to save the document to the directory file.
- Choose where you want to save the file and change the file name so that you can easily find the document.
- Select EBOOK in the setting for Portable Document Format and click ‘OK’.
- Send the file to Primo Portable Document Format to convert the document.
- Afterwards, the Acrobat Reader will automatically open the document.
Tips and Warnings
- There are other effective ways to convert a Word document to Portable Document Format like by using OpenOffice and by using the Universal Document Converter.
- For free converters, you can visit several websites such as ExpressPDF and doc2pdf.
- It is important that you install an anti-virus and anti-spyware programs in the computer since some sites load computer viruses while you install Portable Document Format converter software.