One of the most used multimedia formats, Moving Picture Expert Group-4 (also known as MP4) provides computer users with good quality broadcast media. This computer program was launched in 1999 and since then, many people use MP4 in different Internet streaming applications. This program is also useful in viewing files on advanced mobile phones. However, if you think that the program consumes a lot of space of your computer or cellular phone, then it is best that you convert MP4 to MP3.
How do I convert MP4 to MP3? MP3 is a smaller audio format that can be used by people to listen to music using music players. Converting MP4 to MP3 is very easy, however, it is important that the computer system to be used has the minimum system requirements. Below are the steps that you can follow to convert MP4 to MP3.
Minimum System Requirements
- A file converter program
- A computer with any of these operating systems, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Windows Media Player program
- At least 128 megabytes RAM
- Install the file converter program. If you do not want to spend much for this program, you can download trial versions of format converter programs like Movavi Video Converter over the Internet. Follow the instructions carefully to complete the installation.
- When the installation process was completed, restart the computer and check if the program is now ready to be used.
- Go to desktop and create a special folder for the MP4 files that you want to convert to MP3 files.
- Run the file converter program.
- Follow the steps to convert the files as a group or one-by-one. Do not forget to select a conversion rate for the files. You can select the default rate of the program.
- Go to the preferences option of the program and make sure that you set a pop up window so that you will be notified when the conversion of the files was done.
- Go to desktop and create another folder for the converted files.
- Save the files in the folder and rename the folder to avoid confusion. Check the quality of the sound files. If you think the sound is not clear, then the best thing to do is to change the conversion rate.
Tips and Warnings
- If you are downloading a trial version, make sure that you scan the program before you install. Some websites load viruses in your computer while you install the program, so it is best that you also have an efficient anti-virus program to check and remove the viruses.