MP3 is one of the audio formats that are used by people to store music in their laptops or music players. This format is also used to save numerous songs in a CD. Because of the utility of this format, many computer users have the interest to convert other audio media to MP3. One of the media that some people like to convert to MP3 is audio tape.
How do I convert audio tape to MP3? The steps in the conversion of audio tape to the new format are easy to follow. However, to avoid having problems, it is important to be sure that the laptop or PC that will be used in the conversion of files has all the system requirements. Discussed below are the simple steps in converting the tape to the new audio format.
Minimum System Requirements
- Laptop or computer with any of the following
- Ripping program or WAV File Recording application
- Any computer software that can convert other media to MP3 files
- A cable that has 1/8 mini plug
- Attach the mini plug to the earphone output of the computer or laptop’s receiver.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the Line In option of the soundcard.
- Install the Ripping program and start the Line In recording.
- After starting the Line In recording, play the tape.
- Check if the tape is recording and playing in real time.
- When the recording was completed, do not forget to save the file into WAV format.
- Use the MP3 computer program to encode the audio file with the WAV format.
- Check if the file from the audio tape can be played in CD players and portable music players.
Tips and Warnings
- Make sure that the Ripping program that you will use is authentic or original.
- You can download a trial version of this computer application from the Internet so you need to have a fast and efficient Internet connection.
- To ensure that the audio files with the WAV format that will be stored in your computer has high quality, allot enough space on the hard disk since the appropriate setting for quality WAV data is 16 bit and 44.1 kilobytes per second.
- To avoid experiencing problems with the conversion of files, it is best that you understand some of the terms associated with this process like the terms rip and encode.
- Do not hesitate to seek help from computer technicians whenever you encounter trouble with the conversion process.