Passwords are very important to secure the identity of computer users. These are commonly featured in email services offered by different websites and search engines. One of the most popular sites that provide email messaging free is MSN. For the security of people who will use this service, MSN allows them to assign passwords in their email accounts. To avoid security breach, individuals who use MSN Hotmail service can change their passwords regularly. They can also change their passwords because they have forgotten their old passwords.
How do I change my Hotmail password? Changing your password at hotmail is very simple. However, to do this successfully, the laptop or PC that you will use should have the minimum system requirements. Additionally, you need to follow the steps mentioned below carefully to change the password successfully.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC or laptop with any of the following operating systems, Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Internet browser
- Dial-up, DSL or broadband Internet connection
Instructions for Assigning a New Password
- Launch the Internet browser in your computer and visit the website of MSN.
- At the upper left portion of the page, click the tab that says hotmail.
- Type your hotmail account and your password to sign in.
- Look at the tab referring to Account Summary and click the link pertaining to change just underneath the password reset information.
- A new page will be launched and you need to type your old password in the appropriate box.
- Type a new password and retype it for validation
- Click continue and a page confirming that you have a new password will appear.
Instructions for Changing a Forgotten Password
- Launch Internet browser and go to www.msn.com.
- Click hotmail and type your email address.
- Click the link referring to forgot your password below the box pertaining to password and press enter.
- In the succeeding page, you need to type the characters given by the site for validation.
- You can choose whether you get a new password or you recover your old password.
- If you want to get a new password, hotmail will send a new password to your alternate email address.
- Check your alternate email address to get the new password.
- Go back to the main page of hotmail and sign in.
- Use your new password to check your email messages.
Tips and Warnings
- If it is possible, do not tell your password to other people to ensure your privacy and security.
- Always change your passwords for your own security.