One of the most used and famous media conversion processes is the conversion of AVI files to WMV. Both these formats were developed and introduced by Microsoft Corp. in the mid 1990s. Because these computer applications were launched by the same company, it is easy for people to convert Audio Video Interleave files to Windows Media Video files. To make sure that you do the conversion processes successfully, it is best to first check if the computer or laptop that you will use features the minimum system requirements.
How do I convert AVI to WMV? The conversion process is simple and easy. Below are the simple instructions that you need to follow to do this task efficiently.
Minimum System Requirements
- PC or laptop computer with any of these OS, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP as well as Windows Vista
- At least 350 megahertz processor
- At least 64 megabytes RAM
- Dial-up, broadband, DSL or cable Internet connection
- Any AVI conversion software
- Purchase or download free AVI conversion software from the Internet.
- Install the software in your computer by carefully following the prompts.
- If you are installing authentic conversion software, you need to enter registration information before the installation process will be completed.
- Launch the computer application and select the type of conversion process that you like to take place.
- Load the files that you like to convert to Windows Media Video format.
- You can do step 5 by browsing a specific folder that you have assigned for AVI files.
- To be sure that the specific file names are stored in a particular directory, choose a destination file name.
- As soon as you have selected the source as well as the destination parameters, select several special features available with the use of the conversion software.
- Start the conversion of the files.
- Wait for the notification that the conversion process was completed.
- Create a folder on your desktop.
- Save the converted files in the folder so that you can still use the files in another time.
Tips and Warnings
- Some of the free conversion software that you can use are WM Converter 2, Any Video Converter 2.6.7, FormatFactory 1.65 and Koyote Soft Free Video Converter.
- If the computer or laptop that you are using is Macintosh, you can use LimitPointSoftware shareware application AddMovie.
- If you cannot find AddMovie in local computer shops, you can download the free trial version of the program by visiting the website of LimitPointSoftware.